The Trans-Alps Bike Tour Challenge
Our Trans-Alps Bike Tour Challenge offers you the opportunity to ride one of the most challenging routes in Europe – across the French Alps from north to south.
And of course, we have to stick to Neenan Cycling – Thomson Bike Tours tradition and follow one of the most challenging routes across the Alps!
For 2016 we’ve made a few changes to our itinerary – Mont Ventoux is now the highlight of the last day (not 1 side – but both sides of the Provencal Giant).
Also included is the dramatic Col de Sarenne – the back-side of Alpe d’Huez.
Day 4 has been re-designed to feature a spectacular route over Les Lacets de Montvernier (a huge success at the 2015 Tour de France), the Col du Chaussy, the Col du Glandon and the Col du Mollard.
We’re always looking to improve our routes and we hope you enjoy the latest evolution of this classic trip!
Join our expert guides in the Alps for the ride of your life – you’ll return home a different rider!
- Trips available 4th-11th June and 20th-27th August
- Climb the famous 21 switchbacks to Alpe d’Huez!
- Conquer the mythical Mont Ventoux, the Giant of Provence!
- Conquer the legendary Col du Galibier, one of the Grand Tour legends!
- Impressive list of must-ride climbs including Madeleine, Glandon, Colombiere, Telegraphe, Sarenne, Joux Plane, Saisies, Aravis
- Over 65,000ft of climbing in 7 days!
- As always the top support in the industry!
Top Support in the Industry
Throughout the trip you can relax and enjoy the rides knowing that you have the best Support Team in the industry right behind you all the way!
1 Support Van and 1 experienced ride leader for every 10 clients. And the highest staff to client ratio….1 staff member per 4 clients!
Your daily rides at a glance:
|Day||Route Summary||Ride Distance||Elevation Gain|
|1||Morzine › Col de la Joux Verte › Morzine||28km||865m|
|2||Morzine › Col de Joux-Plane › Col de la Colombiere › La Clusaz||80km||2,321m|
|3||La Clusaz › Col des Aravis › Col des Saisies › Col de la Madeleine › St Jean de Maurienne||142km||3,849m|
|4||St Jean de Maurienne › Lacets de Montvernier › Col du Chaussy › Col du Glandon › Col de la Croix de Fer › Col du Mollard › St Jean de Maurienne||98km||3,226m|
|5||St Jean de Maurienne › Col du Telegraphe › Col du Galibier › Alpe d'Huez||109km||3,895m|
|6||Alpe d'Huez › Col de Sarenne › Alpe d'Huez||51km||1,782m|
|7||Seguret › Mont Ventoux (from Bedoin) › Mont Ventoux (from Malaucene) › Seguret||131km||3,883m|
- €3,575 per person sharing twin/double
- Single supplement €550
- Bike rental €450 + bike insurance €70
- Non-rider discount -€719 based on sharing twin/double
- 8 days / 7 nights fully accompanied trip
- All breakfasts
- All dinners
- Lunch on Day 1 and Day 6
- Pick-up at Geneva Airport
- Drop-off at Marseille Airport
- All ground transportation
- All luggage transfer
- Services of our expert guides
- Support vehicles
- Maps, cue sheets and elevation profiles
What’s Not Included:
- Travel and personal insurance
- Additional hotel expenses i.e. phone charges, mini-bar, gratuities
Climb these Famous Cols:
In just 1 week climb many of the legendary cols in the Alps! Here are some of the cols included in our itinerary (sorted by Difficulty Index):
|Climb||Elevation Gain||Avg Grade||Length||Diff Index|
|Mont Ventoux (from Malaucene)||5,036 ft||7.2%||13.2 miles||1317|
|Mont Ventoux (from Bedoin)||5,322 ft||7.1%||14.1 miles||1314|
|Col de la Madeleine||5,062 ft||6.3%||15.3 miles||1204|
|Col du Glandon||4,829 ft||6.9%||13.2 miles||1146|
|Col du Glandon||3,514 ft||5.5%||12.1 miles||1002|
|Col du Galibier||4,085 ft||6.9%||11.2 miles||926|
|Alpe d'Huez||3,579 ft||7.7%||8.8 miles||913|
|Col de la Colombiere||3,635 ft||6.8%||10.1 miles||864|
|Col du Chaussy||3,383 ft||7.4%||8.7 miles||813|
|Col de Telegraphe||2,808 ft||7.3%||7.3 miles||635|
|Col de la Joux Verte||2,874 ft||5.8%||9.4 miles||585|
|Col des Saisies||2,451 ft||5.1%||9.2 miles||573|
|Col de Joux Plane||2,333 ft||6.5%||6.8 miles||464|
|Col des Aravis||2,841 ft||4.6%||11.8 miles||462|
|Col du Mollard||1,322 ft||6.8%||3.7 miles||312|
|Lacets de Montvernier||909 ft||8.5%||2 miles||N/A|
The Bianchi Infinito CV is available for rent on all our trips. Click here for full details of our rental bike program.